Producing high quality milk is every dairy farmer’s goal and it’s ours, too. These are the steps we take to ensure that the milk produced on our farm is good enough for our own family to drink:
• Cow comfort and top-notch nutrition are the foundation for producing high quality milk.
• During milking, each cow’s udder is cleaned, sanitized and dried before the milking unit is attached.
• Our milking equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each milking.
• We wear disposable gloves while milking. Gloved hands are easier to keep clean and dry than bare hands.
• We test each cow’s milk once a month for fat and protein content and quality.
Our commitment to producing quality milk was recognized by the cooperative we sell our milk to in 2011 and 2012.